pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bayla Waves Dunn... So far

So, I haven't updated in over a week and I figured it's time to let everyone know how my life as a momma is going. Sooo... it's going great! I love being a momma! I'm so blessed to have such a good child. From the first night that we came home from the hospital, she has been an angel to us. For the first week all she did was sleep, sleep, sleep. She would sleep through her diaper changes and I used to have to wake her to feed her. As time went on, she started staying awake for a little while at a time and she started telling me when she was hungry. Now, almost a month old she's awake for hours a day and when she's hungry, she's quite a demanding little girl! She has only had a couple of not so great nights. Her not so good nights are the couple of nights that she decides that she wants to eat, fall asleep, wake up when I put her to bed wanting to eat some more, fall asleep, wake up when I put her to bed, eat some more, fall asleep... get the picture. Yea, this usually last until 2 or 3 when she finally goes to sleep for a few hours. So about her daddy.... The first few days, maybe even the first week, he was all about some Bayla. He would change diapers, spend time loving on her, put her to bed,wake her up in the morning, he even helped with her first bath. The diaper changing came to a stop after about a week, then since he was fishing all the time, he wasn't spending as much time with her (or with me). Since he was fishing all the time, he was exhausted so he wasn't putting her to bed anymore because he was always asleep not long after we ate dinner and he left to go fishing again way too early to wake his girls up. Before the other day, Chad was just beach fishing and going out in the ocean for only day trips, he was always home at night. Saturday evening Chad got the phone call that I was hoping would never come. Mat, his captain, called and said to be at the boat at four the next morning and pack clothes for five days and four nights. I almost cried when I heard that, especially since Sunday was my first mothers day. But as Chad's told me a million times, I knew that he was a fisherman when we started dating and I knew that he was going to be gone more than he was going to be home when it came to long lining season. This is all true so I have to suck it up and be strong for not only myself but for Chad and Bayla as well. My mother's day was pretty good. I woke up to a beautiful rose, a box of yummy chocolates, a card from my baby girl, and a card from my dog. Later I got more roses from my mom, a card from my mom and a card from Chad's mom, dad, and brother. My mom, Donna, Bayla and I all went to Outback for lunch and it was delicious! I spent the rest of the day trying to keep my mind off of missing Chad so I cleaned my house and did laundry. Around 7ish I went to Debbie's to eat dinner with Debbie, my mom, Jamie, and the kids. Not long after being there Jamie told me that her husband Bill was coming home because Mark caught 320 boxes of mako's. We thought that meant that Chad's boat was coming in too...When I didn't hear from him at all that night, I decided that he wasn't coming home. Chad always tries to call but if they don't have service on the satellite phone then he can't call :( Monday, Bayla and I hung around the house all day. That afternoon we were going to go to Manteo with my mom. Well, not expecting a call from Chad until he was on his way home on Thursday, I got butterflies in my tummy when my phone rang. YES!! It was Chad!!! He was going to be home in an hour! They came home early because it was blowing a gail and they couldn't fish when it's rough :) I was sooo happy! I was so thrilled to see him and spend some time with him. I was looking forward to cuddling in bed with him knowing that he's like never going to be home anymore. So much for cuddling. Little Miss Bayla Waves decided that she was going to stay awake until four am this morning and needing just enough attention and food to keep me up with her, keeping me away from Chad. Finally at four am, I put her in her swing in the living room and I went to sleep on the floor. Chad woke up early and made a delicious breakfast, then kissed both of his sleeping beauties good bye because he was going to the boat. They had to pack out this morning, that means unload the boat of the fish that they caught. When he came home Monday night, he said he was leaving again in the morning, for some reason I thought he meant that he would be home for a full day before he left again, apparently, I was wrong. Chad came home around 10 and kissed us good bye good bye and said that he would see us Saturday. I bawled my eyes out. I hate it when he leaves, I especially hate it because he's missing his daughter grow up. I know she's not even a month old now but still, she's growing up fast and he's missing it. Well, seeing how my youngin' has slept all day, I'm sure she's going to be up all night. I'm going to grab a bite to eat then try to go to sleep but I'm sure Bayla will wake up just in time to ruin any sort of shut eye I might possibly get.


Now that I'm basically caught up on the past week or so and the first three weeks of Bayla's life, my next post should be about one thing, not one week of things.

2 comments:

Eden said...

He's working for the 3 of your though...keep that in mind ;) I know, I know...shut up.

Mandy said...

I know your right but it still bites the big one.