pregnancy calendar

Monday, January 12, 2009

FABULOUS NEWS!!!

Ok, so after not working since November and fighting with the unemployment office for two months, which feels like a lifetime when you dont have any money coming in but the bills seem to be coming in twice as fast, I finally get my unemployment debit card a few days ago with five weeks worth of unemployment on it. I was sooo excited! I got my cell phone bill paid, my horse board caught up, and still have money for coming bills to be paid as they come in. I wanted to go out to dinner the other night and I told Chad that I'd pay since I had money for a change but he informed me that that money was for bills only. I cant go out to eat, shopping for clothes or groceries, get my nails done, none of that, unless I used his money... but hey, I'm not complaining about that! That way I know that if nothing else comes out of this unemployment, at least my bills will be paid. So that's part of the good news, now for the news that I almost pee'd in my pants when I got the call. Well since in November when my schedule at Fisherman's Wharf got cut way back, I went job hunting with no success. I basically gave up on a job and decided to benefit from unemployment for as long as I could, have the baby, then go to work after that. Well, this morning after running some errands with my mom I was on my way home from her house and my phone rang. Du du dunnn... I recognized the number but wasn't quite sure who it was. I was hesitant to answer but I did. I usually dont answer numbers that I dont know but I did earlier this morning and it was an old friend telling me that he was back in town and had his life straight. Sober since Sept 3rd. I was and still am so proud! Back to the unknown number. I answered it and it was a lady from Children's Workshop, a daycare center in Nags Head. (http://www.childrensworkshopchildcare.com/index.html) I had put my application in at the beginning of November and they had finally needed some help, and soon! I just wish that they would of called a couple months ago. Oh well, I may lose my unemployment if I get the job but at lease I got 5 weeks worth already and maybe I'll get a couple more weeks of it before they take it away from me. So I have an interview on Thursday and am soooo excited. I know a few people that work there and they love it. Of course there's always something to complain about but its alright, I can deal! Since I found out that I was prego, I wanted to get a Monday through Friday 8-5 job so that I can be home with my baby at night and on the weekends. This job may be from 7:30 till 3:30 or maybe 9 till 6 or 6:30 but it will still be a Monday through Friday full time job. I'm trying not to count my eggs before they hatch but it's hard when I'm so excited. As long as I'll be making as much if not more that what I'm getting on unemployment I will definitely take the job. I definitely need the experience with children and diapers and such and this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Not only will I be making some money and getting experience but I will be getting out of the house. I've sat in this house for over two months now, I cant do it anymore! Yes, that may be the only thing I'll want to do in a few months but right now I'm ready to work. I mean, you cant wash dishes and laundry if they aren't dirty, I cant rearrange the house and clean but so much, and I cant just sit here and eat all day, I am prego but I am getting wayyy tooo fattt for being just 24 weeks prego. I've heard that daycares wont hire expecting mothers because they dont want the child to come back to work with them and for other reasons as well. I told the lady that I spoke to that I was expecting but would love the job. I told her that I would work until I went into labor and then waddle across the street to the hospital, have the youngin', then come back to work. I didn't use those exact words but pretty close, she laughed and agreed that it was possible. I know that I'm not going to get laid off or fired when I get a little bigger which is a relief. I may only be able to work at this job for three or four months before I have the little one but I am so willing to go back to work as soon as I am ready and I know that my baby will be right there with me which is nice! So basically I am super excited. That is part of the good news! When I got home and told Chad that I may have a job and told him all about it, he said the same thing that my mom said and asked if I'd make as much at that job as I am on unemployment. Ok, my unemployment is not like 500 a week or anything like that but it is a good amount for doing nothing at all, ya know. I'm almost positive that I will make more at this job than unemployment is giving me every week. After I told Chad my good news, he told me that he had good news for me as well. He never says that he has good news for me, he may tell me good news but he never gets me excited about it first. I was informed that he is not going to be long lining this summer. At first I was like what the heck Chad, you need to work, someone in this family needs to work. Well for those of you that dont know, when Chad goes long lining, he stays in the ocean for 4 or 5 days/nights at a time, comes home for a day or two, if that, then he's gone for another 4 or 5 days/nights. I asked what he planned on doing then. I didn't know if he was going to work at the jail like he's been talking about or if he was going to be a truck driver since he's in the process of getting his CDL. I was glad to hear that he is going to stick with what he loves and keep fishing. This summer he's going to be charter fishing with Copper (A really nice man) on a sporty type boat and when they dont have a fishing charter, they will be tile fishing on Copper's commercial boat. So Chad will be working almost everyday and will be home with the baby and I every night. Worse comes to worse, he may stay in the ocean for a night or two at the most but that's a whole lot better than staying in the ocean for 4 or 5 nights!! Sooo YAY to me for my good day. Now I'm going to bake brownies to celebrate! I'm super excited! Wish me luck everyone!!

1 comment:

Kingston's Mom said...

That all sounds great, Mandy! I hope it works out for you!