pregnancy calendar

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update on the good news...

Ok, so last Thursday was a pretty busy day. I had a doctors appointment in the morning, which went well. I got my eyebrows done with Casey, went to lunch at whites in Manns Harbor with Casey and Drew, got to see a couple older friends, then came home and decided that I wanted to chop all my hair off, so I did that right before I had to leave to go to my interview. To say the least by the time I got home I was way tired and ready to just lay down and relax. I think Chad actually made dinner this night too, I cant remember though. The doc said that little miss was an active little thing this particular morning, could the ice cream and brownies for breakfast have something to do with it? Since my last visit with him, a month ago, I have gained 14 lbs. My mom asked if this HUGE weight gain was a problem or if it was normal. He said it was fine, some people dont gain much weight at the beginning then play catch up... like I did, but he did say that I shouldn't gain 14 lbs in a month again. I couldn't get over my 14 lbs and it really didn't help when my lovely mother just so kindly reminded me that 14 lbs is only 3, 5 lbs bag of potatoes. Picture that, please!! Picture 3 big bag of baking potatoes or red potatoes... Ahhh, thats like A LOT of, a lot of... ahhh!! Well, the rest of the day was spent with Casey which was good but I should of been home doing laundry and other things around the house. So I came home and right before I should of jumped in the shower to get ready for the interview I decided to call Rosie, the lady that cuts my hair sometimes, and she said I could come right then to get my hair cut. I got there and decided to get 5 or 6 inches cut off. I said the hell with it, it will grow back. My hair was so dead on the ends that I needed to cut a fair amount off. Now, a couple days later, I think that I like it. Chad doesn't like it because he liked my longer hair. Well, I rushed to the interview, which, like the rest of my day so far, went well. I was so excited when she said that I have the job. I am still hesitant to start working there though. I still need to get my tb test done so I cant start until Friday at the earliest. I've tried to weigh out the pro's and cons about this job. I am making a good amount on unemployment right now that will last until March and then I will try to get an extension on that. If I cant get an extension on that then I will be a month and a half to two months with no income on my half coming in, which is not good. But if I do take the job then I will have a job until I cant work any longer but I wont be making half as much as unemployment, which isn't great but I will be getting experience with youngings and I will have my foot in the door at the daycare which I will be able to return to as soon as I am ready. This job will only part time (20 to 30 hours a week) and I will be getting seven dollars an hour which obviously sucks!! If I take a cpr and first aid class I will get a raise and if I take a class at coa then I will get a bigger raise and be able to be a teacher as well. So I need the money of unemployment to get some bills paid before this younging comes. I also need this job. I wont be making as much but I think that I will be making enough to get my monthly bills paid. I definatly need to get my foot in the door so that I will have a job when I'm ready for it and the experience with all the different age groups is just what I need. Maybe since this job is just part time and I waited two months before I got any unemployment I will still be able to get something from them as well as working part time. Who knows. I am going to get the tb test Tuesday and they will read it on Thursday, and I will start at the day care on Friday as long as the tb test is negative. I've heard of people testing positive for tb even though they dont have it, they are just carriers of it. So we will see how the tb test goes and how my first day goes as well. I will be calling the unemployment office first thing Tuesday morning to see what we can do. After all this rambling I'm sure there are some pro's and cons that I haven't mentioned. Ya'lls opinions are more that welcome. I think I'm going to take the job, even though the money is better sitting on my butt at home but the experience is needed as well. That's all the rambling that I'll be doing today. I want to lay on my couch for the rest of the after noon but I think I'm going to make cup cakes and I'm definitely making dinner easy tonight. I am making our favorite dinner, corn beef with cabbage and potatoes. It takes forever to cook but is well worth it. Since Chad is fishing and no one knows when they will be getting home, I'm going to start cooking that soon so that it will be done around 5 or 6ish. I'm going to let it cool then put it in the fridge so that if he gets home at 11:30 like last night, then he can heat it up and eat it then, with out waking me up :) I will be going now... everyone have a good day and please feel free to leave opinions, they will be appreciated.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

How about a picture of your new haircut?!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kingston's Mom said...

I want to see the new haircut, too!! I say take the job. It will be good for you in a lot of ways. And delete the comment above mine :)

Mandy said...

Who exactly left the anonymous comment?? Maybe you should email me so that we can talk about this like adults, not hide behind a computer. My email adress is wanchesezeke@hotmail.com... Thanks :)