pregnancy calendar

Friday, January 9, 2009

Reality Check

So I have been moaning and groaning about a little headache, sore throat, runny nose, and a cough mean while a great friend of the family has been suffering from much much more. Long story short, I am no longer bitching about not feeling good for a day or two, I am going to be grateful that I am a healthy, soon to be mom, with very little to worry about compared to others. I could sit here and type a huge list of things to complain about not one of the complaints on my list would be anywhere close to other's problems. So before you complain about a broken nail, being late for work, or a tummy ache, how about you take a minute or two about people right down the street from you that may not have a warm place to sleep at night, a meal to eat, a job to go to in the morning, etc. Maybe their problems aren't that but are still worse than yours. If you cant tell I'm trying not to tell the world about my family friend's problems, but I am trying to make a couple points to myself and anyone that is reading this. Live one day at a time and live it like it is your last. Never take anything for granted, not a single breath. Stop complaining about the little things that may bug you for a day or two and think about others more often. Thank the good Lord for every morning that you wake up and every night that you have a good meal in your belly and a warm bed to climb into. You never know what you have until it's gone, but when some one close to you has a wake up call like this, that you may think doesn't deserve it, it hits you too! As ya'll can tell, a close friend, that does nothing but good for everyone around her has recently received some bad news that she doesn't deserve at all and it's hit me hard. Everyone please take two seconds out of your day to pray for everyone that needs a little prayer.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

She's in our prayers. Unbelievable.

btw, your blog looks really cute. (Kudos to Eden? ;)

Hope you're feeling better

XO's