pregnancy calendar

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My drama filled morning at the BARN

I never thought that those words would ever combined to make a sentence. Drama at the barn?? What's that? The sad thing is that it wasn't between two females, and it totally came to me. What? Am I in high school or what? I thought that I was a mature adult, living with my boyfriend, and about to start a family, apparently some grown 'man' doesn't see that. So by now most of you are probably wondering what I am talking about. Well, I'm talking about my puppy following in his momma's footsteps. He got his first doggy offense today :) Lets go back a week or so on a chilly morning. As usual, my mom and I were feeding the horses. I take my puppy everywhere with me, especially to the barn, morning and night. He needs to get used to the horses seeing how he will be around them a lot. Well, Gauge went a house at the barn that Bob* lives at with his wife Sally* and dog Max*. When I went to get Gauge so that he wouldn't be a menace and so that he would learn to stay with me everywhere, Sally said that he was fine and that Max needed a friend to play with and asked if I would let Gauge stay and play. I said that was fine and I would be back shortly to get him. Mind you, this house is owned by the same couple that have the barn so it's spitting distance from my horse pen where I was feeding. So I got my dog and made him go in the pen with me to keep the horses straight. No problem at all, until the next day when we go to feed and Gauge wants to go play with Max and eat the cat food on Bob and Sally's porch. Not cool, I called him and he didn't come, I went to get him, punished him and made him stay with me. He continued to be hard headed so I talked to Chad about breaking out the shocking collar. He showed me how to use it, how to make sure Gauge knew that I was shocking him and that he was getting punished. I started using the shocking collar whenever we went to the barn and only shocked him when I had to continuously call him with no response. Well, this morning, I put Gauge's little training collar on and headed to the barn. Let me remind you that Gauge is a great puppy but he doesn't quite listen when there is another puppy playing with him and distracting him. So when Gauge went over to Max's I called several times, he didn't come so I shocked him once, he cried and came running like I asked him to. Well Bob came off the porch and jokingly asked what kind of bark was that when he cried. I told him he squealed because I just shocked him for not listening and showed him the remote. He turned around and went back into his house. No problem right, a little friendly conversation? I thought so too, at the moment. This morning was the morning that the farrier was in town so a lot of girls were at the barn. Well everyone starting coming at once to get their horse's feet trimmed by Ted. Even Eden came this time so that I could go up the beach with her after we were finished at the barn. Since it was still almost early, she brought me breakfast. Since we were at the barn and Gauge has never caused a scene there, I let him run while I sat in the car and ate a biscuit with Eden and Riya. I called mom over to the car so that me and Eden could talk to her. While we were talking I saw Bob stomping in our direction. Jokingly I said, "Look, Bob's coming to yell at me about my dog", not knowing just how right I was going to be. By this time, at the barn it was Ted, Brad, Shelly, Melody, Booten, Mom, Eden, Riya, me and a few dogs. Before I get heated up about the subject again and ramble on and on about this subject. If Bob had something to say about how I am training my puppy with a shocking collar don't you think that he should of said it and confronted me about it when I shocked him, when it was just us two out there joking about the matter. Don't you think he should of said something then instead of when there was a crowd of people? Ok, back to me predicting the future. Bob came up to Eden's car where she, I, mom and Riya were and started cussing at me asking me how legal is it to shock a puppy, it was inhumane, I was common, this that and the other. Thank God Eden spoke up and told him not to cuss in front of her daughter. He went on for a little while, until I was like what ever Bob, just shut up. In the first few seconds of this scene, my mom walked away because she would of gone off on Bob. Well I got out of the car and smart-assively asked well where is he then, huh? He said, I don't know, why don't you shock him and listen to him yelp. Well I called my dog, he came running with his tail wagging, with out even getting shocked....WOW!! That really pissed Bob off. My dog stayed with me as Bob stomped off mumbling. I yelled at him to shut up, shut your mouth Bob, go call the animal shelter you prick, ect. I didn't say once curse word during this whole ordeal, amazingly enough! Well, so that I could finish eating I put Gauge on a leash and my mom held him as I finished my breakfast. I went back and talked to the girls about the drama, we started joking about it as I was cooling down. Well Bob had to come get his dog that wasn't listening to him one bit, he couldn't even get his dog to follow him home. My smart ass, being as mad as I was with tears in my eyes, asked Bob if it was illegal to shock my dog? He said he didn't know yet but he was finding out. I said oh good, when you find out, please let me know. Since his dog wasn't listening to him at all, and I could see he was getting frustrated, I offered him my shocking collar. He didn't see the humor in my comment. He started up again about me being common, this that and the other, well it ended up being a screaming match again until Ted straight up told me to shut up and if Bob had anything to say that he would say it to him. That basically shut Bob up. We all got to talking about it again, that was the most action the barn had seen in ages. I loaded my dog up in my car to take him home so that me, Eden and Riya could head up the beach. I was still furious and the fact that Chad was fishing and I couldn't talk to him about it didn't help. The trip up the beach was a success. We were about to leave the place where Eden had her little business meeting when Debbie called me. I called her back when we got in the car and she said I should call my mom, worried, I asked what was wrong. She told me that the animal shelter was looking for me. By this time I was calmed down enough to laugh about it. I called mom and she said that the animal cop dude told her they know us and know that we would never do anything to do harm any animals. We came home and got ready to go for a ride around Wanchese. It was a much needed ride. Half way around the block my love called and was like what happened?!?!?! So I might have texted him and said that Gauge might go to doggy jail and then later I texted him and said that the animal shelter came looking for me. Well, I got all fired up again by telling him what happened today, he got sooo mad too! I think it was the combination of Bob cussing at me, especially in front of Eden's little girl and the fact that his little puppy was involved in this bullshit. Well, we got off the phone for a while. He called back when we were almost back to the barn and said that he was about to pack out the boat then he was going to try to make it to the barn in time to feed. When we finished our ride, I went back to my house and got my abused little puppy. I put his shocking collar on him and let him run. Cathy and Mike were at the barn to hear about my drama and to play with my lovely puppy that was an angel. Since I didn't have my car at the barn, me and Gauge went to mom's and waited for Chad to come get us. While we were in the truck he called his mother and informed her. I don't know exactly what she thinks about it because I could only hear Chad's side of the conversation. So he's thinking that he's going to get me up and at the barn by 7 am to go feed since he has to be at the boat at 7:30. HAHA!! I think we've all finally calmed down from all the stress and mess. Blogging has really helped me vent and cool off. So I guess I have to keep my dog glued to my hip at all times so that he doesn't cause a scene. I agree though, my puppy should stay with me at all times. That's how its going to be from here on out.


*Names have been changed to protect the not-so-innocent


Eden and mom,
Ya'll were there and might have a couple comments to make, please do so and please use my names that I changed. If I left anything out or changed anything out of anger, please inform me and I will change it. Thanks gals!

So now that it's almost 11, I'm going to wake Chad up, eat some ice cream, drink my warm milk, then go to bed and see if I can sleep all night long for he second night in a row. How cool would that be?? Good night to all... I would really love comments from this post. If you would like, you can email me at wanchesezeke@hotmail.com or check me out on myspace at myspace.com/wanchesezeke. Thanks everyone!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah, the joys of Wanchese. People always have to be involved in situations that they don't belong.
Just remember to be the bigger person and ignore 'Bob,' as hard as that will be to do-it will be better for you in the long run. Try not to let your anger get the best of you!

Eden said...

That fucker...


...I can cuss- Riya is sleeping ;)